This is the second article regarding “installation” testing, in the first article (Add Link) I explained the importance of this testing method and the different testing aspects that involve during the test execution.
In this article, I will review some basic and more advanced test cases/testing ideas that should help you to achieve more from this testing method, please take a long breath because this list is a massive one.
Group 1 – The Environmental Parameters
- Validate that the required “Minimum” Disk Space is the accurate one.
- Validate that the application can calculate and report the needed Disk Space at the prerequisite step (Before we will start the actual implementation).
- Install the application when the Disk space is ‘0’.
- Validate that the installer can handle situations that require more Disk Space during the installation process.
- Install the application when the Disk Space is reduced to ‘0’ in the middle of the installation process.
- Validate that the installation/Uninstallation process does not cause a registry corruption.
- Validate that the registry contains the relevant keys with the suitable configuration.
- Validate that all Keys are removed from the registry when the software is removed from the system.