The passion for testing
It’s not clear that as humans we perform better if we love the things we do…? Its rhetorical question because the answer is in 100% YES!, it’s the human nature, in most cases we will do a better job if we love the things we do, from the other side of the coin we can say that in most cases that we failed to love the things we do will lead to downgrade in our performance.
Testing is not different, to be a specialist you must be passionate about it, for me learning QA is one of the best things I have in my life, every day it’s a new day to learn new techniques and ways to improve my testing skills, to remain true for myself, I really think that my biggest jump in the testing field become only after I started to love it and see it as a true occupation for life.
But that’s not all, in the real testing world the passionate tester will use is passion to own additional aspects, among them we can count:
- Passion to learn the product and architecture.
- Passion to find a complex bugs.
- Passion to design a smart and complex test cases.
- Passion to help and share knowledge with others.
- Passion to be involved on every aspects of the product.
- Passion to improve the quality of the product.
- Passion to learn about the customers and why they need the product.