· Vmotion is licensed Virtual infrastructure feature that performs the migration of RUNNING virtual machines with NO downtime.
· Vmotion requires a centralized SAN or NAS to store the VM as the VM never really leaves the central storage
· To use VMotion you must configure a new VMKernel network interface on each system(you need to create dedicated Vmnetwork for it).
· That Vmotion network transmits memory of the systems
· Darning that time, all the changes are stored in a bitmap on the host and is the last thing to be Moved to the new server
· The gust has a very short quiescent state when moved to new host while memory bitmap is moved
· Prior to being moved ,the machine is evaluated and there are lots of opportunities for errors as the two host machines and configuration must be very compatible