· Administrator privileges on the installing system to install the Virtual Center server. The VC server installations add VC as windows service.
· Almost on any OS system (include windows XP PRO but not Linux!!!!).
· Minimum 2GB RAM for VC configurations managing 50 Hosts or less .greater than 50 hosts configurations, use 3GB RAM (if you use 32-bit systems 4GB is the maximum).
· The VC can be installed on a Virtual Machine and could be installed on the same OS containing Virtual Client (I recommended to put the VC on a different dedicate server).
Installing Virtual Center
You have 3 Servers to install:
1. Database Server – you can create new one or connect an existing database.
2. License Server – you could create it on the Database server, but remember that it’s a different program that has her on shortcuts.
3. Virtual Center server
Note!All servers specified above – will install from the same CD to the same server.
4. VC client – download from the ESX webpage (you can do it after you installed your ESX server).
Adding Datacenter in VCENTER using Vclient
1. New Datacenter – here we add a difference sites contains ESX servers.
2. New Folder – if we chose this option we cannot add sites with ESX servers, so we need to choose Folder->New Database-> add site.
This is important issue because here you can create the Hierarchy of your sites .