As I said before we’re going to work on Server2008 R2, for that reason you first need to install Server2008R2 with all configuration like every other new server:
- Time Zone
- Server Name
- Static IP Address
- Firewall Configuration
- Microsoft Updates
- Test Connectivity to your DC
After you installed the server and configure it, we can start installing the Hyper-V role.
- Open Server manager
- Add Role
- Mark the “Hyper-V” Box, Next
- In the Create Virtual Networks, Specify the NIC or Nics you want to use.
- The Server begins the Hyper-V installation (The Process can take up to 5 Minutes).
Connecting into your newly installed Hyper-V Role
- Open Server Manager
- Navigate into Roles
- Expend Hyper-V
- Click on Hyper-V Manager
- Now you will see under the Hyper-V manager, The Server that manages your Local Virtual Machines.
In the Hyper-V manager you can connect to other Hyper-V Server to manage their VM’s